Celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee at Queen Edith Chapel and St James
- All-age Celebration Services at Queen Edith Chapel (10.30 am) and St James (10.00 am)
- Community bring & share ‘Big Lunch’ at 12.30 pm. Bring some buffet food to share and enter the Coronation Chicken and Jubilee Cake competitions.
- There will be music, games, a coronation quiz, messy play, badge and crown making, biscuit decoration, a memory lane reminiscence activity. Jubilee selfie station, afternoon tea and many other activities for all the family until 4.00 pm.
For further details visit www.qeccambridge.org.uk or stjamescambridge.org.uk or look out for information from the Community Forum queen-ediths.info/ and on social media @queenedithchapel on Facebook
10.00am – All-age Celebration Service at St James
10.30am – All-age Celebration Service at Queen Edith Chapel with singing. drama, puppets and more
12.30 pm – Community bring and share ‘Big Lunch’ at the Chapel followed by a fun programme of activities
3.00 pm – Afternoon tea and cake at St James
4.00 pm – The Celebration concludes
Jubilee Cake Competition
How’s your baking imagination? Fancy entering your baked creations in a fun competition? Bring along your whole cakes, biscuits or cupcakes decorated with the theme: The Jubilee – All Things Royal. Drop your cakes off between 12.00 and 1.00 pm at St James Church, Wulfstan Way. Can’t bake? Then come and vote for your favourites between 1.30 and 2.45 pm. All entries will be eaten at afternoon tea from 3.00 pm to 4.00pm.
There are three categories and all are welcome to enter (no age categories):
- Whole cakes – any size
- Biscuits – minimum of 6 on one plate
- Cupcakes – minimum of 6 on one plate
Please be as creative as possible – so anything from a corgi-shaped cake to a castle drawn onto a cupcake or biscuit – anything royal/jubilee related goes!
Entrants to please drop off your creations between 12 and 1pm at St James and then voting will be open between 1:30 and 2:45pm. There will be a small prize for the winner of each category and these will be presented at the Afternoon tea served at 3.00pm when we will also enjoy eating all the entries!
Please give a brief description of your cake – e.g. ‘chocolate corgi cake with ginger butter icing’, ‘Germany spiced crown biscuits’, ‘strawberry princess cupcakes’ – and we’ll assign a number to your creation.
Coronation Chicken Competition
Contribute to the bring and share ‘Big Lunch’ by preparing coronation chicken and enter it into the competition by bringing it to the Chapel on the 5th June between 10.00 am and 12.30 pm. Please ensure that your dish is clearly labelled with the cook’s name when it arrives. The winner will be announced at the end of lunch.
Decorated Bicycle Parade
As we live in a cycling city, why not decorate your bicycle in colourful jubilee style, and bring it along for the platinum jubilee bicycle parade between 2.00 – 3.00 pm.
If you would like to make a donation towards the cost of running this event, please use the following bank details and label your donation ‘Jubilee Celebration. Any excess funds will be donated to the Community Food Hub operating out of St James Church.
Account name ‘Queen Edith Chapel’
Sort Code 20-17-19
Account Number 50730890.
If you would like to volunteer, help is needed to set up, clear up and also to help run a number of listed activities. Maybe you have a gazebo you could put up for us to use if the weather is hot? Please contact David by email at firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you!
1. Please note that those with food allergies or intolerances should consume their own food as the organisers cannot be held responsible for any of the ingredients or preparation of the food shared/served at the event.
2. Parents are to be responsible for their children throughout the event and when crossing the road between the two churches.
3. Please bring drinks along to share, but please respect that the consumption of alcohol is not permitted at this event.