A message from Cambridge City 4 Primary Care Network @ Cornford House Surgery
REQUEST FOR VOLUNTEERS
Thank you for considering to offer your time to help with this historic COVID-19 vaccination programme. The programme is going to last for several months and in order for it to succeed we are going to need some help! Volunteers will play a key role in this community effort and we hope that you will find it an uplifting experience.
We are offering vaccinations to eligible patients from Cornford House Surgery, Petersfield Medical Practice, Cherry Hinton and Brookfields Medical Practice, Queen Edith Medical Practice, Woodlands Surgery at Eden House and Mill Rd Surgery.
The vaccination clinic will operate out of Cornford House Surgery on Cherry Hinton Road.
We have a few roles where we would welcome volunteer support.
- Car Park Attendant (outside) – will work in a team to greet patients, direct to suitable parking space and manage traffic flow (you may be asked to push wheelchairs) – so you will need to be active and like talking to people.
- Meet and Greet (inside) – will work in a team to ensure patients’ welfare from arrival to receiving the vaccination – so you will need to be active and like talking to people.
- Clinical Observation (inside) – will work in a team to ensure patient’s welfare after vaccination, including the 15 minute observation period – so you will need to be active, like talking to people and have appropriate experience. You will be supported by a health professional.
Some key information:
Clinics will be on:
- Saturday 16th January 2021 at 8.30am to 11.30am
- Saturday 16th January 2021 at 11.30am to 2.30pm
- Saturday 16th January 2021 at 2.30pm to 6pm
- Sunday 17th January 2021 at 8.30 to 11.30am
- Sunday 17th January 2021 at 11.30am to 2.30pm
We will ask you to undergo a Lateral Flow Covid test before starting – this will take 20minutes.
Once you have registered, we will send you further details. You will receive an induction and any necessary equipment for the role (e.g. hi-vis gear, PPE, etc) ahead of your first slot.